Who has the best pen kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello everyone. I looked at a good number of sites, like woodcraft, rockler, penn state, craft suppliers. I'm sure there a lot more. So who has the best qualty kits. I quess slimline kits for right now. Thanks for the help.

firewhatfire

Best quality is Silver Pen Parts

Aside from that

Look for whomever offers a rhodium or black ti finish from the vendors you have listed. If inexpensive is what your after look at chrome plating and if gold is what you want get the gold ti.

plano_harry

If you are looking at slims, you are really asking a plating question. Look for kits that have a rhodium or TiGold plating like Phil suggested.

With the exception of a kit that one person doesn't like, they are all good kits. Pick a style you like and buy the best plating you can afford. The better plating you buy the bester the kit.

Welcome to IAP. The search function will give you access to years of opinions and comments - search on a syle you like and see what the members have to say; look in the reviews forum. Hope that helps.

Harry

Joe S.

Exotic blanks excludes kits that they feel are not high quality, most of what you get there will be a good bet.

+1 on better platings instead of better kit sources. (In the case of slimlines)

Last edited:
Top Bottom