Who has the best catridge kits on IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medemt

Looking for some advise on who has the best cartridge pens on IAP (or vendor). I am looking for the ones with the mechanism installed alreay. I got some from one member, not sure who and the brass ones tarnish badly in a short time. These can be brass and nickel.

I would rather buy from an IAP member if the quality and price is good.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

I cannot say who has the best kits but I have purchased from Sylvanite, Garymax, and Ed has them on his site also. These are who I remember-when you get old the mind is the first to go-so they say- Huh Ed?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If you don't want the brass to tarnish, look for clear powder coated.

I know Sylvanite does this and he has a very good reputation.

Don't know who else does the clear powder coating--we tried a couple times and I can tell you there is a learning curve, so work with someone who has done them, before.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nope, I'm from "huntin country". The brass is new, unfired---but nothing "ferrin" added. Our hunters are purists!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I should probably add, the "faux" casing pens that I purchase from Berea are probably coated---I honestly have not had time to LOOK at most of the kits---too busy adding them to the site.

scotian12

I recently purchased some powercoated 30-06 cartridges with transmission installed from Paul Sherman-pssherma (IAP name) and was very satisfied with the product and service. Darrell Eisner

snyiper

I am sure all are good, I have dealt with Paul and his are excellent Im not sure about the best but he is all I use!!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
old school

I guess i'm old school....shot a lot of reloaded ammo and don't think the brass discolor would bother me, I think on a cartridge pen most hunters would prefer "weathered" brass to bright. But, that is an opinion.

Woodlvr

What is weird to me is that when I searched for cartridges to give an answer Paul's post in the classifieds did not pop up-or I am getting blind. Probably the latter. You wont go wrong with Paul either.

PenMan1

I know this is a VERY general statement, but I haven't really purchased ANY inferior products from CURRENT IAP members! Seems like all good folks here.

jskeen

What is weird to me is that when I searched for cartridges to give an answer Paul's post in the classifieds did not pop up-or I am getting blind. Probably the latter. You wont go wrong with Paul either.

I believe that classifieds are intentionally screened from a general search. You can go to advanced and search those forums separately.

Top Bottom