Whiteside pen mill reamer set question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SCjim

I am just starting making my first pen. The pen required a 10mm hole. I cut the blank and glued in the tube in place. I purchased a Whiteside pen mill reamer set. I read on line and watched videos and they all say that this mill set "cleans out the excessive glue and squares the ends of your pen blanks to provide a perfect, gap free mating surface for the pen kit parts". I set-up the reamer with the largest side but there is a lot of play between the reamer and the tube.

So what is wrong? Do I not have the correct size reamer? I can't find a reamer for this set that would fit the Whiteside Mill.

robersonjr

Jim, you will need to either purchase or better yet, make a sleeve with an inside diameter of 7mm and an outside diameter just large enough to easily fit inside the blank. when doing this, it is important to first clean any glue from inside the blank, the sleeve will allow the reamer will fit inside the sleeve, then the sleeve and reamer will fit inside the blank allowing you to square the ends. Obviously, you will be using the 7mm reamer for this to work. I hope this helps you. V/R Robbie

Top Bottom