White Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TexasSteel

white wood??? Can ya'll help ....... Whats the whitest wood around? I've had a request for white and blue for company colors. They dont want any acrlyics. Any and all help is appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

Holly is the whitest, but it will pick up color when sanding if you're doing a segment piece. I really like stablized curly clear maple which I used with stablized red and blue curly maple to make a Fourth of July pen. I belive there's a pic of it in my gallery.

workinforwood

I vote holly on being the whitest, but Box elder is a very close second, assuming you don't buy a piece with red stripes in it. I have some that you can barely tell the difference. The Holly is just a bit brighter white.

Rifleman1776

Holly is your best, and probably only choice. But, as said, it isn't all really pure white. I have had success bleaching it. I make a 25% solution of plain household bleach and water and let the wood set in it for a few days. Nothing scientific about concentration or period of time. Vary to suit desired results. Do this before final turning as the water raises the grain.
However, for the whitest, beautifully white, wood, you should look for French, mountain grown, boxwood. Pure as ivory. About as expensive too and, these days, a lot more rare.

Top Bottom