White Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

I think Rizhsing, <sp> might, they make lots of colors in their slimline kits, Problem is I don't know of any one that would have them. but like DMGill said pearl is about the closet you'll get, but it's really not a durable plating, lasts a year or so then starts chipping.

toyotaman

I would be afraid of the white plateing chipping out later or rubbing off. I would use a nice "Chrome" kit and use an Acrylic Orange and White swirl for the blank or find a solid white and a solid orange blank and customize your own. Tennessee colors are not too hard to find.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
They Don't

They don't offer that color - it's not even in their catalog list which includes some colors they don't offer on their site.
I think Rizhsing, <sp> might, they make lots of colors in their slimline kits, Problem is I don't know of any one that would have them. but like DMGill said pearl is about the closet you'll get, but it's really not a durable plating, lasts a year or so then starts chipping.

woodgraver

I wonder if you could powder coat pen kit parts? It probably wouldn't be worth the investment in a rig, although HF has a pretty inexpensive one. But maybe there would be other uses like powdercoating tubes.

bitshird

Yeah, I'm thinking that the closest to white you can get is the satin silver!! Mabey you you even paint the hardware white? Not sure if its possible but worth a try!!

There is a satin silver slim and satin silver cigar.They are probably as close to white as I have ever seen.

I wouldn't try painting over the plating, But if the owner takes reasonable care of a pen with Satin Pearl, it should last a couple of years, I think the problems I've had with chipping has been tossing it on the table, perhaps spilling coffee on it, Stupid Ignorant Operator Error kind of stuff. I found one of my first hand full of pens, it was a click pencil, it broke a month or two after I made it so I just set it aside, 4 years later and the plating is still pristine, so Maybe I was full of crap. But still it's not listed as a durable plating.

Roos85

I have an orange crush cigar made with a satin pearl pen kit. Closest to white ur gonna find. Looks bad ass IMO

MarkD

The satin silver is pretty close to white. If you can use a satin sliver cigar kit and can't find them anywhere let me know. I have a couple kits I could spare.

okiebugg

white kit

Woodcraft offers a satin white (almost a pearl white) European style kit. Since WC offers them, I'm sure that Berea or PSI also has them.

robdogtn

speaking of TN orange....

tncheckerpen.jpg

I made a segmented blank with orange and white. This was my first project with trying to cast resin.

Lots of time involved.

Oh, and GO BIG ORANGE!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom