Whiskey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregory Hardy

(Get your attention?)
Interesting lesson learned this morning. I posted photos of a kitless fountain pen I made on Facebook. Nice pen (if I do say so myself) - red/black ebonite with black ebonite trim. Buried pocket clip and Bock #5 nib.
Facebook Response: Six "likes" and one "share" (by my wife) over a five day period.

Then I posted these - Sierras with whiskey barrel blanks, each accompanied in the photo by a sample bottle of the respective label from which the barrels came.
Facebook Response: Forty "likes," six "shares," and dozens of comments including two orders - all in less than five hours.

Lesson: I probably need new friends!

Attachments

• Jack Daniels Pen.jpg
    Jack Daniels Pen.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Jim Beam Pen.jpg
    Jim Beam Pen.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Maker's Mark Pen.jpg
    Maker's Mark Pen.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Just made one today with the WC Wrench pen kit and certified Jim Beam wood. Drilled the blank and had a hangover all day!
Two orders- good! The first of many. I would say that people like certified wood, whether it's from a distillery, Bethlehem olive wood, etc. Such pens are a sign of something different from the mainstream materials.

Last edited:

magpens

OK, so what are you selling ? .... the pen or the booze ?

Whatever .... congratulations !!! . I think I am using the wrong materials, or something !

I may have ordered a few more whiskey/etc blanks after reading this for the show I have next week... and there may have been instructions to the wife to drop by the ABC store... What was that they say about imitation? :bananen_smilies046:

Top Bottom