Where is the thread for this pen? bgisi's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

railrider1920

Hi everyone,
I saw a picture up on the main page. It's a pen that it in the album for member "bgisi" His album is at

http://www.penturners.org/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=385&cid=409

The pen that I'm talking about is Brians pens # 14. It used Dacora Crushed Shell and had a snake as a pocket clip. I'd like to read the thread about this pen to see how it was don and to see where he got that type of clip.

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

Since the last talk with Gisi on Paltalk 2 or 3 year ago on Yahoo penturner the Gisi ( father and son ) use silver for they pens and do all they own clips including rivets or nail, hope this help

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Rob, the Gisi's haven't been here for a while. You can find more of their work at PMG. I believe they custom make all the parts.
I don't think they have ever shown details on how to make such parts.
Not to everyones taste, but I too think their work is mind blowing.:D

vick

I talked to the elder Gisi several years ago and if I recall correctly the clips were carved out of solid silver stock purchased from Jewelry supply stores.

dfurlano

The comment about Argentina I believe is incorrect. Ariel Kullock is the most well know Argentine pen maker but mostly he makes caps for 51's.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by dfurlano

The comment about Argentina I believe is incorrect. Ariel Kullock is the most well know Argentine pen maker but mostly he makes caps for 51's.
Actually, Dan, you are right about the name and wrong about him being the source. Here's a link to clips and other accessories available from Ariel. http://www.arielkullock.com/accessoriesdb.php?category=accessories He also accepts custom work.

dfurlano

The source for Gisi? Which clip did he make? Both Brian and Mark have their pens in this months pen world and from their other work I have not seen anything that would indicate that the clips came from Ariel Kullock.

bgisi

I can settle this debate :D. I actually did make two pens with snake clips from Ariel Kullock that I got at the DC show. However, all thother silver clips I use are either hand made or cast from models I made or designed and had people like Dan help prototype. When I listed the pen with the snake clip for sale on my website, I indicate the clip was made by AK to ensure he got credit for his design. I actually think his clips are cool if you are looking for a quick way to do something a little different from the norm.

Brian Gisi

Top Bottom