Where to purchase 60 degree centers? Grizzly?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allenworsham

I want to start turning between centers. I looked up the various threads here at IAP and did some research online to find out a good place to buy them for not too much money and I came across the ones from Gizzly. I found a few elsewhere, but they were upwards of $100, which is out of my price range. So is Grizzly about the best buy out there or are there others who would do well? I have no problem with Grizzly as I have purchased for me them before, but I want don't want to limit myself here unnecessarily.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

I just purchased a Grizzly live center, item # G5686, for $23.95. I was assured it is made from hardened steel. It came from the machine tool side of the store, not woodworking side. I haven't used it enough to state, or disprove, that it is a good item or loser. If it fails within one year, Grizzly gets it back. Keep yer receipts. I rarely have to return to Grizzly, but it does happen on infrequent occasions.

Rifleman1776

BTW, I don't understand your "...don't want to limit...." comment. Unless you are looking for Disney World variety in your shopping experience, just go where the best value for your needs and dollar are. Product loyalty lasts only as long as it is earned.

allenworsham

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

BTW, I don't understand your "...don't want to limit...." comment. Unless you are looking for Disney World variety in your shopping experience, just go where the best value for your needs and dollar are. Product loyalty lasts only as long as it is earned.

My term to "Limit myself" was in the context of not only just looking to Grizzly if there are other sellers unknown to me out there who have the same or similar products that would be comparable in price and quality that would be easy to purchase from.

pbrinegar

Enco has a lot of live centers to choose from. Some are far more than what you'll need (or will want to pay), as they are designed to handle very high loads during CNC machining operations. Others are more in line with pen turning needs. Make sure that the rated RPM for the live center is greater than what you plan on using during turning.

They also have a small selection of dead centers.

http://www.use-enco.com

Search for "live center" or "dead center"

Top Bottom