Where oh where

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Started the day off getting Four Barons ready to go. Cut drilled and inserted tubes. Now I have a couple hours to work on other things while the glue sets up. Plowed the garden---drove over and bought some Tomato plants---got them planted. Ate lunch and went out to work on the pens. I spent two hours hunting for bushings---I only have three sets for barons----but none to be found. Did get a bunch of the shop cleaned while hunting around.
Made up a real nice box of wood for a friend---
I gave up----------came in the house and shot BB a email and a hour later they are in the mail headed my way. That is more than service.
Of course no one else have ever misplaced bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

In few days, you will receive your bushing and when you get back to your shop, you will find your bushing near your lathe or worst, on your mandrel (this one never happen to me, no no no, neeeeeeverrrrrr.)

Alfred

Gary Max

Heck Chris-- I figure all three sets will show up in the morning.
I plan on working on my Whiskey Barrel pens---I still have 15 more to get built. They are ready to turn so I should get several done.

Boomer

OK what is a whisky barrel pen? Or what does it look like? I assume that you use the Baron pen kits? I have picked up so many new ideas on this site. WOW what a great bunch of folks.

Dave Cedar Rapids Iowa

Gary Max

I order 2 sets and will figure out a way to store them attached to the lathe. This will not happen again.
Dave---I am selling Whiskey barrel blanks and have a pic posted in the listing--they are slimlines from Penn State Indust.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by Pipes
<br />I have a what I think is a good system for string bushing . BUT the things seem to walk away like paperclips . I lose the things in plain site all the time . [:I]
It's those blasted shop grimlins that inhabit everyone's shop. They are like pack rats. They will pick up whatever you just set down and run off with it. Then, a little later on, they will bring it back and put in in plain sight so it looks like it's been right there all along.

leatherjunkie

I put 2 rare earth magnets on top of my headstock to hold my bushings during turnings.
thanks to the magnets i no longer have to dig through the shavings looking for bushings or the mandrell nut.

Poppy

Originally posted by Pipes
<br />I have a what I think is a good system for string bushing . BUT the things seem to walk away like paperclips . I lose the things in plain site all the time . [:I]

There is other people with this malady? [:0][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom