Where to get Fibermascus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medemt

I saw some pictures of some pens made from a material called fibermascus. I did a google search and thought i found a source. They referred me to Arizona Silo.. When I went to their site and did a search, it came up as nothing found. Anyone have a good source for pen blanks made with this stuff? Is it hard to work with? What is the basic means of finishing this material? Any help appreciated.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

I bought a couple of those denim blanks from AS and they are VERY DARK, almost black. MINE are nothing like the photo at all.
Unless you know what they are you can't tell they're denim.

tishtigger

I dont remember where I seen it at but someone was making a blank similar to these with pr and fabric coat the fabric with pr layer it to the desired thickness and clamp it let it dry

YoYoSpin

The two blue denim fibermascus slimlines that are pictured on this site (http://fibermascus.com/) were turned by me about four years ago. I purchased the blacks directly from this company. Haven’t turned any since, but as I remember it, these blanks turned a lot like acrylic acetate...sharp tools and shallow light cuts required.

pen.jpg

Top Bottom