where to get Drill Bits for Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RyanNJ

I am looking for a source to get drill bits for the Jr Gent kit i ordered and also a secret compartment key chain kit i have (i can use calipers)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Drill bits

I am looking for a source to get drill bits for the Jr Gent kit i ordered and also a secret compartment key chain kit i have (i can use calipers)
If you have a decent hardware store resonably close you can probably find them there cheaper than most pen making shops will sell them to you. I carry a few bits but not the ones you need...I don't carry more because they're easy to find locally for most folks.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

ToddMR

If you have a decent hardware store resonably close you can probably find them there cheaper than most pen making shops will sell them to you. I carry a few bits but not the ones you need...I don't carry more because they're easy to find locally for most folks.

Lowes, Home Depot, Sears I have struck out at all 3 just a month ago as none of them carry meter size drill bits which amazes me. I even asked someone who worked there. Woodcraft & even Woodwerks seem to be kind of limited when they have them in for the most part. I normally just order mine online. Or I buy one of the PSI starter kits that include the bushings & bits.

Dudley Young

I prefer the brad point drills so I don't think you can go wrong with the drills from PSI. I havn't had any problem with them. Just make sure you don't try to drill metal, it will ruin them.

Chris Bar

Grizzly has brad pointed bits in a slightly different size that works for me. The brand is Steeltex and the point is such that it can be hand sharpened with a file. If this is of interest to you, a search will show the specific sizes in a previous post.

Lenny

Every so often PSI has specials where if you buy one of their kits (say a Tycoon, which is like the Jr.Gent) they will throw in the bits and sleeves.

It's a good way to get the drills and try a new kit. IMO :biggrin:

(That should say "similar" to the Jr. Gent)

Actually PSI's Majestic Jr. uses 10.5 and .492 (or 12.5)

Last edited:

Lenny

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Drill bits

Lowes, Home Depot, Sears I have struck out at all 3 just a month ago as none of them carry meter size drill bits which amazes me. I even asked someone who worked there. Woodcraft & even Woodwerks seem to be kind of limited when they have them in for the most part. I normally just order mine online. Or I buy one of the PSI starter kits that include the bushings & bits.
If you have one of those handy little drill size measuring tools that has metric holes and you have a big set of American Standard bits you can usually find an american standard size that is close enough....especially if you glue with epoxy.

I think I've found some metrics at my local ACE hardware. But on-line they are not hard to find.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think the Secret compartment i have is 10mm i got it from gary max if anyone has delt with him can they lend some info as to what bushings to use
Truth is that the Secret Compartment uses the PSI PK-10BUSH3 or the RIZHENG RZ-1# bushings. I have the Rizheng in my store.

Top Bottom