Where to find the 'other kits'?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

patmurris

Hi all, i've been penturnig for a year and i believe i have now a rather good idea of the most common kits from Dayacom, Berea, PSI, CSUSA... but once in a while someone shows off a totally different kit and i'm wondering where those do come from. Someone mentionned a Marksman for instance?

Any hints, or links?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

Three thoughts:
  1. Different sellers often use different names for the same kit.
  2. Some sellers contract directly with manufacturers or wholesalers to provide kits in different plating combos or with somewhat different trim options.
  3. Some sellers have actually developed completely custom kits (like the marksman).

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well you already know me

You already know about me.....most of my kits are similar to or identical to kits sold by one or more of the big sellers. I usually offer something different in the platings. And I do have one or two that are "exclusive" where you won't find the identical kit for sale elsewhere - at least for awhile.

Last edited:

patmurris

Thanks for the answers and comments.

...kitless, mmm, yes i have a few plans, but i'm not able to work metal, at least not yet, and i do like the wood/metal association.

I'll have a look at your kits Smitty and i'll certainly watch what's going on with the Marksman.

Now, that also brings another related question regarding Dayacom high end kits. Where have they gone? Some are still available here and there like the Emperor, Lotus or Imperial, but some i've never seen anywhere like the Cloisonne, the Royal or the Floral... Anybody have seen those?

Last edited:

bitshird

Pat some of the kits you mentioned have not made it to the US. Dayacom is hard to deal with on their Minimum quantity so some of these kits will probably never be seen in any of our normal suppliers.

Top Bottom