Where to Find BARONS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhelminski

Who is the source for the Baron Pen? I was told it was Berea Hardwoods but can not find it on their website or catalog.

-Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

ArizonaSilhouette (Bill Baumbeck)

http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/

or at Beartoothwoods (Ernie)

http://www.beartoothwoods.com

gerryr

I think it's only AZ Silhouette. Beartooth Woods is the only place to get Berea kits in copper, but I don't think that includes the Baron.

Fangar

Originally posted by Buzz
<br />Is the Baron the same as the Jr Gentlemen's II sold by CSUSA?

Thanks

Chris,

The Baron and the Jr. Genltemen used to have the same sized tubes. Now the Jr. Gents II's barrels are slightly larger. The resulting pen is just bit larger in size. The Jr. Gents II is also available with a smooth tapered end as well as the threaded type. I do mostly the Baron, but the Jr. Gents II definately has a good market for me too. There are also more platings available from Bill (Arizona Silhouette) with the Baron.

Cheers,

Fangar

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by jhelminski
<br />Who is the source for the Baron Pen? I was told it was Berea Hardwoods but can not find it on their website or catalog.

-Jim
As has been said Bill @ AzSil, is the source, it is a berea kit but Bill has an (almost) exclusive on it. The navigator being the only exception. Bills prices are very reasonable, he runs a tight ship out in Yuma.

Steve

Buzz

Thanks for the responses. I'm looking to try several different types to ultimately settle of a reasonable range to concentrate on. The Baron certainly seems like a popular pen, but if Arizona Silhouette is the only supplier, its not going to be available to me in Australia, as they no longer do international shipping.

I've ordered a good variety of kits from both CSUSA and Ernie at BTW. I have gone for the threaded ends on the Jr. Gents II.

Fanger, which would you say is the most popular with the Baron/Jr. Gents II, the threaded end cap or plain tapered?

Other than the Jr. Gents, I have order a couple of Emperors, some Micro-mesh and acrylic display stands from CSUSA.

From Ernie, I'm getting some Sierre, El Grande, and Churchill kits. Also have had to order the "B" mandrel. I can get the Polaris and Cigar pens here in Oz, although it will be good to start taking advantage of specials on these lines too from the US suppliers.

Regards

Fangar

Originally posted by Buzz
...Fanger, which would you say is the most popular with the Baron/Jr. Gents II, the threaded end cap or plain tapered?...

Chris,

Really for me it is a toss up. Personally I prefer the tapered solid end as the pen appears to be more finished. But I have many customers that have to post the cap. They don't know what to do with it otherwise. The baron is not available with a tapered end. Although I did see that Bill Baumbeck has a few in stock (Likely from the old Jr. Gents) remaining in his inventory. They are limited finishes as I recall too.

As for getting some Barons. Any number of us, including myself would be willing to put the order through and have it drop shipped to our US addresses and then sent out to you. You would likely want to order a large quantity, to make the most of it. What about maybe getting a group buy together with your fellow Aussies and then having the whole mess drop shipped to a pal in the US, and then re-shipped. I don't know much about how the customs thing works, but I am sure you might.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom