Where do you get your nitrile gloves?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

I have been looking on eBay and other sites for nitrile gloves. I have usually gotten the blue ones because they are less expensive than the black.

Does anyone know of a really good source for nitrile gloves? Or should I just stick with eBay. I can get 1000 for $57.95, or .06 each. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lazyguy

At HF they are 6.99 per 100 so depending on what you pay for shipping on Ebay vs any sales tax HF might be just more convenient

Grizz

Banned
Harbor Freight, they have X-Large that fits nicely to my hands and they are fairly cheap.

PenMan1

I talk to my dentist. He orders my gloves when he gets his. I get a much better price than HD, etc and he gets to move up to the next discount level.

MatthewZS

From the abandoned house next door when the realtor finally got around to cleaning and leaving HUGE DUMPSTERS FULL of stuff out front, including enough nitrile gloves to last till the cows come home:)

monophoto

Is there a benefit to using the nitrile gloves?

My other hobby is photography. I use both latex and nitrile in my darkroom - latex for film processing where I appreciate both the snuggness and the enhanced ability to feel through the gloves, and nitrile for other processes where the ability to easily and quickly take them on and off matters. I find that latex gloves are essentially one-shot - use them once and throw them away, while nitrile can be reused several times.

In pen making, gloves are used while finishing, and there the issue is that when CA cures it generates so much heat that either form of glove melts.

Sylvanite

Is there a benefit to using the nitrile gloves?
Nitrile is resistant to some solvents. Also, some people are allergic to latex.

My own preference is the HF 2-ply latex/nitrile gloves. They seem to stand up better than plain blue nitrile for only a dollar a box more. I recently tried the black nitrile gloves but will never by them again. They fall apart in no time when exposed to acetone.

Regards,
Eric

nava1uni

One can become sensitive to latex after repeated long exposure to them. This is most true of powdered latex gloves. Latex sensitivity can be very dangerous since so much in our lives is made of some form of latex. Those of us who use gloves to keep safe at our jobs have switched to nitrile as it doesn't seem that a sensitivity develops as easily. Some research points to the powder in the latex gloves. I get my nitrile gloves from Costco.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Nitrile for the same reason already listed. Buy them at the local Ace Hardware store. Always in stock at a good price and there is no waiting or postage.

Last edited:

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
You can also get cheap Nitrile and Latex gloves from Ocean State Job Lot and Lots n More.

Top Bottom