Where do you get the jewelry tags?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dale

I have seen some of you use self sticking jewelry tags.
So my question is where do you get them?
I have the tags with the strings but they just seem in the way and i would like to get the tags that you put on the clip
I know there isnt as much room to write on the tags but the look cleaner

dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

If you must use tags, I would suggest these http://www.fdjtool.com/category.aspx?categoryID=453 the self sticky paper ones leave a residue on the clip and get ratty looking after a few shows. JM2cents.

Okay Big Guy, I'll bite, why do you not put tags on your pens and how do you know what to charge??

John I'm on my laptop and don't have any photos with me but tomorrow I'll see if I can show you how I do it. I show between 250-350 pens at any given show and it would be silly and distracting to have each pen with a tag...

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I rarely use tags for the same reason stated by Oklahoman (Roy.) But for those times I have used tags, I've been able to get packages of tags with no adhesive on the middle strip - at Staples.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I got mine from exotic blanks. They snap together no adhesive to mess up your pens and you can write on them with a sharpie

We just ordered several thousand more. In gold, silver and white--button type. Probably 10 days or less to arrive.

FWIW

MY system is to use Gold for fountain pens with upgraded nibs, Silver for fountain pens with "stock" nibs and white for rollerballs.

Has worked to make me look like I know what I am doing, once or twice. Can't expect to fool em every time!!

OKLAHOMAN

Okay Big Guy, I'll bite, why do you not put tags on your pens and how do you know what to charge??
I price all my pens by series and the customer can see the prices just by looking and not have to pick each one up to try to read a small tag. This also weeds out the person that thinks the pens are $20 and I don't have 300 tags to fill out.

With these:
IMG_1611-1.jpg

Like this!
IMG_1465-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
Roy,
I never carry as many pens as you, but I tried the signs and categories and still everyone picked up the pens and asked how much is this... it's not marked.

I use a numbering system to track all of my turnings... again.. not as prolific as you. The number is a 5 digit.. the first 2 being a code to indicate what the turning might be.. a bowl, pen, peppermill etc... and the next 3 are just sequential number from my log... even with the number on one side and the price on the other, I get people asking if the code number is the price... someday I'm going to say yes and see if I can collect $33,586 for a pen.

HSTurning

Roy,
I never carry as many pens as you, but I tried the signs and categories and still everyone picked up the pens and asked how much is this... it's not marked.

I use a numbering system to track all of my turnings... again.. not as prolific as you. The number is a 5 digit.. the first 2 being a code to indicate what the turning might be.. a bowl, pen, peppermill etc... and the next 3 are just sequential number from my log... even with the number on one side and the price on the other, I get people asking if the code number is the price... someday I'm going to say yes and see if I can collect $33,586 for a pen.

if you get 33k for a pen are you going to have a big party for IAP members:biggrin:

Top Bottom