Where do you get antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RyanNJ

I am looking to turn an antler pen and I was wondering where I could get antler. I saw it on PSI but I was hoping for a smaller ammount to start unless ordering from a site like that would be best

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

From a deer. :biggrin::tongue::beat-up:sorry, couldn't resist. There are some folks on here who have a steady supply that might be able to let you have some, or have some for sale.

USAFVET98

You are better off with the axis. The elk is way too porous and not for the beginning antler turner.
If you want to try the elk after, let me know and I will send you a couple of pieces..

i think axis makes for the prettiest pens....PM me your address and I'll drop you a couple of pieces of different types.

I don't know if he ships.. you would have to call him and ask.. but this is where I got mine when I'm in Texas visiting...
Call Terry or Carla at Trade Mart Antiques.. 903-626 5707 Jewett, Texas.
They have a game farm and raise Axis and other types of deer and usually have quite a bit in the back room at the trade mart. I used to stop there on my way to/from when I was running I45 from Houston north. Since I'm retired to TN and no longer have any family in Houston area, not much likelihood I'll get down that way again.

Top Bottom