Where can you find Baculum?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Does anyone know where I can find a piece of Baculum large enough to make a pen?

I have a customer who has a knife made from it and wants a matching pen. It used to be common in knife making, but seems pretty hard to find now,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Andy - I found some online that are from cave bears and are fossils, but the price is around $375 and I am not real sure of the diameter, it is 9-1/2" long. There is also Walrus replicas that are reasonable priced but they are polyurethane.

IPD_Mr

Andy - I did not search for it, but there is museum in the upper UK if memory serves me correct that specializes in phallic items. I know they have one from a sperm whale. They just might be able to direct you to what you are looking for. All I have to say is wear a respirator when you finally turn that thing. :eek:

PenMan1

Thanks, Roy! That link is exactly the place I was trying to find.

I'm not giving up on you and your "Dundee" knife, but when we find a grizzly big enough to make us both a Majestic, that's gonna make him REAL mad. As bad as my knees are, I'm not sure I could out run you;)

keithlong

It has been a long time ago, but I saw a walking cane made out of one from a bull. I always wondered why anyone would want to carry one around.

Top Bottom