Where can I get white acrylic?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

Hello,
Does anyone have an idea of where to get a white acrylic blank? I checked csusa and az sil but did not see it.

I am also looking for solid maroon as well...

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

To clarify the post above...I am looking for a solid white acrylic blank and a solid maroon acrylic blank...

Thank you...

OldWrangler

Sounds like you are making Texas A & M pens. I've had good luck with Bloodwood and Holly. If you want acrylic, contact Jeff Taylor (Jeff in Indiana). He can cast you anything, in any color you want.

broitblat

I'd also suggest you contact Ed Brown (ed4copies). He has a wide range of acrylics including an artificial ivory that should get you your white, and others that may also get maroon.

-Barry

follow3

I would also recomend Wood Pen Pro.

I have gotten solid white and Maroon from him.

He is also a member here and an active duty US Service member to boot!!

Here a link:http://www.woodpenpro.com/acrylic_pen_blanks/index.html

Look at the solid white and for Maroon, I would use either Violet flake or crimson flake. I have used both and would say violet flake is dead on maroon.

wendell

White Blanks I've found:
Snow acrylic from Woodcraft
Solid white from Wooden Pen Pro
White Pearl from Ed Brown (ed4copies)

Maroon Blanks I've found:
Burgundy acrylic form Woodcraft and Bear Tooth Woods (same blank)
Violet Flake from Wooden Pen Pro (I think Bear Tooth Woods has this one too)
Burgundy Pearl from Ed Brown (ed4copies)

I have a picture of a Euro pen made with the Bear Tooth Woods/Woodcraft Burgundy and the Snow acrylic in my album. I need to take pictures of a 8mm Berea Euro I made with the Violet Flake from Wooden Pen Pro. I am working on a Baron that will use the Burgundy and White Pearls I got from Ed. One last thing, if you want a solid maroon, don't buy the blank labeled burgundy at Wooden Pen Pro. It is a swirled blank that is more red than maroon/burgundy. A nice blank but not what you're looking for.

Wendell

Top Bottom