Where can I get extra Parts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark4583

Once again Penn st shorted me a part out of a kit( Last time Im buying from them) Anyone know where extra Pen parts can be bought separate?
I need a Coupler for a Rhodium Cigar Pen
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Next time, if you buy PSI get them from Woodturningz. I had a black chrome Euro kit that cam in with a damaged finish (or missing part, can't remember) but anyway, they shipped one right out to me. No hassle, no cost.

Randy_

Most places don't sell parts for pen kits. If you bugger up a part, about your only recourse is to buy a new kit. It never hurts to post here since someone may have the part you need left over from a kit they have messed up. That being said, I agree that you should call PSI. Almost certainly, they will replace the missing part. One thing you can get is spare tubes and there is one place that sells slimline transmissions in ten packs; but I don't remember who it is.

Awoodfan

I have bought a lot of merchandise from PSI and the very few times something was not up to par I called and it was corrected immediately with no cost to me. I would not be so quick to belittle a vendor without giving them a chance to correct their error. Remember to error is to be human.

Ron
www.woodfan.com

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
20061152844_blk-wte%20revsquare.gif
<br />

BigAndy

Been there done that. PSI has always taken care of the few times I had a missing part from their kit.I agree with Ron, don't knock the vendor until you give him a chance to make things right.

Mark4583

This is the 3rd time with PSI for me and I called the 1st two and they said they would send me the parts, I have never recived them yet and its been several months since the last one.

Joe Melton

After digging through piles of wood shavings several times looking for the springs from Baron pens, I decided to change my method. I now open each bag of pen parts over a plastic tray, and pour the contents into the tray. I think this almost eliminates the possibility of a part falling to the floor. I put the plastic bags aside until I am sure all parts are in the tray, and then discard them.
While I realize you did not post that you lost the part, I thought some might benefit from this technique.
It might be helpful to keep the floor clean, too. Just kidding.
Joe

tnilmerl

I use the plastic tray from a microwave dinner to dump all the parts into when I start a kit. I frequently have several pens going, and these keeps things organized for me.

As far as parts go, my local woodcraft's pen expert had a 'HUGE' plastic bin case filled with parts he had collected over the years. In a pinch, he would let you browse the box for a part you needed. Came in handy when I kit I had came up short on a part. When I called woodcraft for a replacement, the kit had been discontinued at warehouse (but was still being sold in the stores). Gentleman retired last and took his box with him. bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom