Where can I get the best bang for the buck!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff1w30

I am new to pen turning and don't have a lot of funds to put into it!

I do want the best quality for the buck! I see there are a million places out there selling pen kits but I need to know which ones are good / bad so I can get the most out of my money!

Remember quality means more than cheep to me! Can anyone offer some advise!

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

butchf18a

You can't/won't go wrong with Berea Hardwoods kits. You can get them direct from them as well as some vendors here. Arizona Sihloette carries them.

You are looking for value for your $$$? Stay away from Woodcraft and Rockler. Prices on their kits is high. You can get the same kits from IAP vendors.

jmoicbw-bidi

76winger

Pen State Industries has some great kits as well. On par with Berea quality-wise and there's several smaller vendors that redistribute their products as well. I've also recently got some very promising Emperor and Imperials from Exocticblanks.com that's on par with the Majestic and Broadwell offerings from PSI. so, you've lots of good stuff to choose from out there!

JohnU

I would recommend shopping with IAP vendors. You will have better luck with customer service and they are turners like yourself. Also, shopping where you can get the most of what your looking for will save you lots in shipping charges.

crabcreekind

I am new to pen turning and don't have a lot of funds to put into it!

I do want the best quality for the buck! I see there are a million places out there selling pen kits but I need to know which ones are good / bad so I can get the most out of my money!

Remember quality means more than cheep to me! Can anyone offer some advise!

Thanks
go to exotic blanks! they have the best pen rollerball pen kit for your buck! its like 8 bucks for a Really nice atrax pen kit. Really good threads! and easy assembly

Top Bottom