where can I find this pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamfredweb

I found this pen on kallenshaan's website they said that it didn't come as a kit. Has anybody seen a kit close to it? I've seen they ones like PSI but I want this style

20071117135116_pewterpearl3o.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

The pictured pen is very much in the style of the "Sculptured" Pen made by PSI. If you look closely, the pattern on the finial appears to be identical to that of the PSI kit. However the pattern on the center band and the tip are quite different.

The clip has very characteristic shape which I recall seeing on only one kit pen. Sadly, I can't remember which one. Maybe I can identify it by looking through some of the old catalogs.

If you look at the file name attached to the picture, it says pewterpearl. My guess is that someone started with the PSI kit and then cast their own hardware out of pewter and came up with the pictured pen. Just a wild guess and I could be totally wrong. Perhaps an email to Ken Nelsen would elicit a few more details.

Regardless, it is certainly a striking pen. Someone did a very nice job.

Randy_

I saw one of the PSI pens(not of mine) that had been in use by an accountant for about 2 years and the plating was totally gone and even the sculpting was well worn. She kept it in her handbag......not sure if it had a special pocket or was just carried loose with everything else; but she was probably a hard user.

laserturner

I bought a bunch of these quite awhile ago. They're not a kit pen but a fully assembled production line pen. I've successfully managed to disassemble this pen and use the hardware for different pens. Surprisingly it uses common sized brass tubes that we all have access to. Can't remember right off but I believe one is from a cigar kit and one possibly a Baron. The Pewter finish is extremely durable as I've used one in the shop off and on for a few years with no visible signs of wear.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by laserturner
<br />I bought a bunch of these quite awhile ago. They're not a kit pen but a fully assembled production line pen. I've successfully managed to disassemble this pen and use the hardware for different pens. Surprisingly it uses common sized brass tubes that we all have access to. Can't remember right off but I believe one is from a cigar kit and one possibly a Baron. The Pewter finish is extremely durable as I've used one in the shop off and on for a few years with no visible signs of wear.
So where can one be purchased [?][?]

laserturner

Mannie, One company that sells them is I-Mark Pen Co. Unfortunately there's a 25 piece minimum as they're a wholesaler. They also come in black and rosewood. The rosewood pen comes with a matching knife. Pretty cool.

20071119152622_intalica.jpg
<br />

Randy_

This compressed URL doesn't work as well as tinyurl; but their server is down right now so I had to resort to this one. It may take a few seconds to get to the target site.

http://qurl.us/gs

20071119221833_eagle.jpg
20071119221851_eagle2.jpg
20071119221919_carbox.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom