Where to buy nice burl pen blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

limited60

Where is a good source for burl pen blanks? I have seen the ones from CSUSA, but I'm sure there are more than the few they have there.

...and since I'm new to this, what are some good types of burls?
(I'm not a fan of the Buckeye Burl). I need them to be 7/8th square as I prefer to turn the Statesman, Emperor and Imperial pens, and they seem to be the hardest to find.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

I have mesquite, ambonya, plum root, soft maple, hard maple, catalpa, spalted maple, cherry, white oak, mulberry, eucalyptus, redwood, and a few crab apple. And that are just the burls, and I probably forgot some species. I have high figured cherry stump, curly koa, curly maple, curly catalpa, curly ash, on and on and on. I'm about to put some soft maple on the classifieds that I will be calling Masur maple. It has bark inclusions that are radial to the log. Very interesting stuff. I'm about to get all this organized so I can make the haul to the Midwest Penturner's Gathering. What species are you looking for? Give me some ideas what you are looking for and I'll shoot you some pics and prices. Probably have about 6,000 plus blanks on hand.

Nolan

If low_48 doesnt have something you need just let me know. You wont go wrong with purchasing your blanks from folks on IAP. You can go through any of my classified adds in the MVV section and I will have the material.

ldb2000

Support the vendors here at the IAP . They are all great guys and will go out of their way to get you the BEST blanks , burl , plain wood or acrylics . Just look in the classifieds section of the forum .

Top Bottom