What's this you say? Sigh...Nevermind

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Shot the gun on that one... [V]

"The nib is metal, the receiver which is pressed into the body is still plastic inside metal. Which part have you been having problems with?"

Quoted from Bear Tooth Woods

"Last, but certainly not least, are the CAMBRIDGE fountain and rollerball pens. This is a much more elegant and weighty version of the El Grande with a grape motif. The cap finial, the nib holder, and the finial on the main body are all made from metal now. The threading on the center band is still made from plastic so that the cap closes smoothly and remains closed. These are fantastic looking and feeling pens."

fonkycat.gif

redfishsc

One of the things I have tossed around is the power of numbers. There are a lot of us here.

Why can't we "gang up" in a <u>friendly but reasonably dogmatic manner</u> and demand some changes from the handful of pens that have stupid, stupid design flaws? I absolutely love the Churchill and refuse to sell it because of the plastic insert.

This also goes for the pointlessly problematic design flaws in the Euro double-twist (parker style).

I have ordered, against my normal philosophy, from PSI their knock-off "Apollo" in hopes that it will at least be a better plastic. At worst, I'll have another "repaired" pen to add to my fp collection.

Firefyter-emt

FYI... Ernie @ BTW said he only knew of ONE other person who had this issue.. Just to give it a shot, if you have had breakage problems, give him a heads up, he said that hw was going to get in touch with Berea.

I was looking at a Gent yesterday and the nib coupler design from that would be perfect for this series and would fix the problems. I wonder what other kit might thread into the Churchill style cap (none I bet) [:(!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom