What's happening to Rhodium?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Just wondering for some time now. I see more and more suppliers offering chrome versions of what has historically been rhodium.

I understand the higher costs are steering many away, but I like the warmer coloring Rhodium offers over chrome, which looks a bit bluish by comparison.

Just wondering...

OKLAHOMAN

Dave, I'm with Hans I don't know any of the higher end pens that have switched. There have been some new comers copying the higher end in chrome such as the Triton and the Empress but they are copies not the original

76winger

I guess I should have qualified that better and since I still bet most my kits from PSI that's what I've focused on the most. I've observed it in starting to creep in with many of the medium level and below pens.
Apollo Infinity models have a new Chrome option and the Rhodium version isn't on the website any more.
The Gatsby line has a new Chrome model and Rhodium happens to be on sale.
I Could swear I've seen some others but can't spot them now....

The other thing I see is almost all new models are coming in just Chrome and Gold. Sometimes Gunmetal or TN. This is evident on all the "bullet" type pens, Patrizo, Vertex, Trimline, Desinger, Traditional & Classic lines, Princess and Duchess lines and so on.

Maybe it's just because I'm trying to expand my offering and am getting disappointed because it's just not available in so many of those other models. Maybe I should expect not to see it in the lower end models (although the slimlines have it) but some of the mid range and "blingy" crystal-laden models are lacking without it as an option IMHO.

Top Bottom