What's The Deal?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CJWood

Hey again,

First of all thank you all for putting up with the many questions and all of your suggestions and help. Here's my latest issue...

So I like the Classic American, or Flat Top Pens but I am having a hell of a time with them after they are assebled. They are normally to tight to twist or they dont twist at all and the pen cartridge just sticks out.

The last one I turned last night was perfect and turned out beautiful and then I tried turning it and nothing. I measured the exposed brass tube on the cap end and it was exact 1/8" as directed by the instructions. I was even congratulating myself for such acuracy. Everything fit perfect, but then when I placed the cap end on the body it wouldnt grab the Pen Mechanism and would just spin freely. :at-wits-end:

So here i find myself once again asking for you veteran Pen Turners to help out the rookie.

Thanks Again in Advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

I can't help as I don't make that pen but you will probably get more responses if you post this in the proper forum - Penturning. This one is for help using the IAP site.

Seer

If you put pressure on it while turning does it work? I had one like this and seated the cap a little harder to set the mech on the nipple in the cap works like a charm now and I just unscrew it to change the refill. I read in the instructions to tap it so it seats otherwise it will not work properly.

I would guess that the end of the tube that you cut the tenon off is slightly crimped in. Take your pen mill and see if it fits in the upper tube and if it doesn't ream the end out a little. Hope this works. Let us know.

Top Bottom