Whatcha think about click pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Verne

A few years ago I turned a couple click pens that I found to be acceptable only for the scrap bin. I recently got a couple from BB (BHW-410/411) thinking that time may have improved this type of pen. However, either because I'm not doing it right or I just got a bad batch, they didn't seem much better than the above mentioned scrap bin pens. I'm now holding an order for a few Sierra clicks and before punching the send button I'd like some input on the quality of these pens. Either stand alone or compared to previously available clicks.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Vern

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnLifer

I've made about a dozen. Use one personnaly every day. Much better design and quality than any previous click. I really like it, much better than even the std Sierra. I'll continue to make for now.

Verne

John,
A dozen? What/which pens do you like? Are you endorsing the new Sierra click being offered?
Vern

cowchaser

I have made 6 Sierra click pens and just ordered 6 more. I don't know about long term durability with them, but I have yet to find a problem with the ones I have. Wife seems to love them and I just finished 3 for graduation gifts.

RONB

Passed Away Jan 17, 2011
In Memoriam
I bought one ( Sierra)when they first came out to test myself.So far so good. I use it every day at work and it is great.I will be buying more

Wildman

Started out with Berea upgrade gold button click pens, which gave me fits. My pen making skills not that great back then. Think the chrome model might be a better kit.

Switched to CSUAS, 24K click pens much easier to make but, nothing to brag about. Wish they offered a chrome version of that kit.

Have one Berea and two CSUSA click pens sitting on my desk here, other than my mistakes, they work fine. Berea button click has the better click mechanism.

Biggest problem for me was aligning the grain, never satisfied. I’ve tried various assembly techniques. Think using acrylics would solve that problem.

Have made ten of the Berea Sierra click pens, which like pretty well. Think their button click mechanism little stronger.

All three pen kits, are pleasure to write with. Think, Sierra click pen wins in appearance and simplest to make department!

My DIL (a nurse) has been using a click sierra I made for her in Feb. She hasn't had any problems with it and says it gets rough daily treatment in the hospital. I've also been using a few Berea button click pens around the house for a couple of years with no problems.

workinforwood

I can't speak for the sierra having never made one, but almost every other click pen I ever made never even worked after assembly and if it did, not for very long. I don't even bother with them anymore.

donwae

I have made at least a dozen Sierra click pens and they work great. I carry one with me everyday and have had no problems with the click mechanism.

Buzz

Apart from the feedback about the Sierra click in this thread, there have been several others where this particular pen is getting good reviews for its function and durability. It seems to be the one to go with.

JohnLifer

Yes Vern, I have made 12 Sierra Click and all are working well. Pretty good abuse on a couple that I use daily, Many clicks and not problem. None of the other click pens have held up nearly as well. Most are pretty lousy. I like the look of several, but operationally they are trash. So, it is Sierra or nothing.

Top Bottom