What are your favorite kit colors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmmarshall

Kits seem to come in an endless array of colors. I am new, about 3 months, to pen turning and haven't used a wide variety of colors yet. I have an affection for chrome and gunmetal. I want to order some new colors, but can't decide what to get. I despise gold, so much in fact that my wife's and my own wedding rings are titanium. I realize that some materials look good with some color finishes, but in general, what is your favorite "go to" color?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Gold TN and Rhodium are my favorites.
Rose Gold is also nice on certain applications, but more for highlight than base finish.

Herb G

For me, it depends on what material & what color the material is.
A gold kit looks really good on Ebony. Silver looks really good on blues, greens, or reds, like AA blanks. It just depends.

farmer

LoL

Kits seem to come in an endless array of colors. I am new, about 3 months, to pen turning and haven't used a wide variety of colors yet. I have an affection for chrome and gunmetal. I want to order some new colors, but can't decide what to get. I despise gold, so much in fact that my wife's and my own wedding rings are titanium. I realize that some materials look good with some color finishes, but in general, what is your favorite "go to" color?

It doesn't bother me that much :biggrin:

RedBeard

I agree that it usually depends on the kit and the blank but as a general rule I just do not like gold kits much at all.

Top Bottom