What are you turning today?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Turned my first bottle stopper this morning. I'm probably at over 150 pens, but other than a few practice spindles when I first got my lathe, pens are all I've done--bottle stopper looked huge!! The Ruth Niles mandrel made life easy, but I still went at it slowly as the techniques were mostly new to me. Got it done--we'll see how the second one goes!!
earl

walshjp17

Four Caballeros from Smitty's Pen Works (now Exotic Blanks) as wedding gifts for bride and groom and groom's parents. Using blanks from McKenzie PenWorks (Diamond Cast).

Elvee61

2-3 bottle toppers just because I had some cutoffs the right size, 3 quick comfort pens for the pastors down at the church and some Gatsbys made from Jack Daniels barrel blanks.

No, I didn't make the pastor's pens out of Jack Daniels blanks. :biggrin:

My goodness, those blanks smelled SO GOOD while I was drilling and turning them.

FYI, OB's shine juice kills the wonderful smell. CA lets it through. Go figure.

I just finished casting 200+ DiamondCast blanks for a new U.S. based reseller (in three days!) and am waiting on 20 Sirocco kits to get here from the UK so I can make some giveaway pens for a pigment supplier. Traded pens for a high end pigment I'm pretty excited about getting my hands on in bulk.

Oh and my wife is hooked on casting now. She made these blanks and I turned them for her. Now to get her comfortable with the lathe....
b73d3ba3f6577b4360872306e801a142.jpg
797fbf7dfcddcdbcd86975673c370caa.jpg

tbfoto

I just finished casting 200+ DiamondCast blanks for a new U.S. based reseller (in three days!) and am waiting on 20 Sirocco kits to get here from the UK so I can make some giveaway pens for a pigment supplier. Traded pens for a high end pigment I'm pretty excited about getting my hands on in bulk.

Oh and my wife is hooked on casting now. She made these blanks and I turned them for her. Now to get her comfortable with the lathe....
b73d3ba3f6577b4360872306e801a142.jpg
797fbf7dfcddcdbcd86975673c370caa.jpg

Oh I really like that second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh I really like that second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

She was going for replicating the orange and grey Tennessee jerseys. Came out really nice I think! Been fun having her be excited to come out and cast with me and she has some color ideas I wouldn't have come up with. :)

eharri446

Spent Saturday up at our farm in northeast Georgia trying to get a lawn mower working, then had to help the wife cut and haul short sections of hardwood logs (3 - 4 ft) for her mushroom growing project. Spend Sunday morning mowing the yard with my tractor and bush hog, then had to bush hog the road that runs the length of the property. Finally tried to get home down I85 but got caught in a major traffic jam and had to find another way back to Atlanta. No fun things in the shop for me.

Top Bottom