What are you looking for?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcollazo

Very soon I will begin importing various tools and accessories for our lathes, such as:

• Dead Centers (MT#1, MT#2)
• Live Centers (MT#1, MT#2)
• ER32 Collets (sets and singles in fractional sizes)
• Morse Taper to Fractional Size Collets (1/4" - 3/4")
• Canton Flannel Buffing Wheels (6" and 8")
• Digital Calipers (6")
• Wooden Pen Boxes

The question of the day is... What other products would you like to see at reasonable prices and shipping?

I'm also looking into, finally, importing hardwoods from So. America. This is a bit harder since I want to make sure I'm purchasing from a reputable, eco-friendly company. The U.S. Embassies in Guatemale and Honduras have been very helpful in the screening process, but it's still slow going.

Please post your answers... the lines are now open!

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

From my perspective, you should have draw bars to go along with the MT collets. I suspect most folks would prefer to avoid a trip to the hardware store to cobble up something to make the collets work.

Morse Taper to Fractional Size Collets (1/4" - 3/4")
I think the biggest collet you can get for a MT2 is 1/2"??

Texatdurango

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
Morse Taper to Fractional Size Collets (1/4" - 3/4")
I think the biggest collet you can get for a MT2 is 1/2"??
We may not be talking the same thing but I have collets up to and including 3/4" that I use in my Beall Collet chuck. I would think they would also be usable in a mt2 chuck.

Joe, I think aluminum face plates would be a good item to carry as well as spindle adapters.

Dario

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />I would be interested in an affordable #2 MT reamer.

I've read enough to tell you that there seems like good interest on this (MT2 reamer). Being an owner of one, I cannot say enough good things having one when you need it.

Chasper

I'd like to have more options for display products:
Acrylic display stands
Hard cases for storage/display
Table skirts and table covers
Lots of wood box options

Thanks for asking

Randy_

Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />.....We may not be talking the same thing but I have collets up to and including 3/4" that I use in my Beall Collet chuck. I would think they would also be usable in a mt2 chuck.....

George: I believe the collets Joe is talking about are collets that slip directly into the MT of your lathe spindle without the need of any sort of chuck. This is a quick and dirty and cheap way of adding collets to your lathe. Only thing is they cannot handle as big a collet as the Beall chuck so you are limited to a 1/2" collet for a #2MT.

Randy_

Here is an idea for you, Joe. I don't know if you could do it economically or not; but it is something to think about. The tip in the stock live center that comes with the Jet lathe and maybe others, is removable. But since it is a 30° point, it is not the best for use with a pen mandrel. Maybe you could make some replacement tips for the LC that had a 60° angle. JET owners could then just buy a tip rather than buying a whole new live center.

jcollazo

I am talking about the collets that slip directly into the MT. And you're right about 1/2" being the largest size.

I'm sure many of you already have 1 or more of the er32 collets (the ones that fit the Beall chuck). What other sizes of these collets would you want?

Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming. There are some things here that I hadn't thought about. Not all of this is going to happen at one time, but over a period of several months you'll find new things showing up on my website.

Randy_

Originally posted by jcollazo
<br />.....I'm sure many of you already have 1 or more of the er32 collets (the ones that fit the Beall chuck). What other sizes of these collets would you want.....

One you certainly need to stock is the 5/16" collet to be used with the Berea "B" mandrel. This size collet is "NOT" supplied with the stock Beall five collet set that comes with the chuck.

I would like to see more "stuff" to fit a MT1, many of us have them, they just don't admit to having them. I happen to have 2.

I just got a new 4" digital caliper that is by far better than the other 2.5 6"ers that I have. What I would like to get is a Fractional Digital Caliper.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
How about pin-vises for turning closed-end pens? It would be easiest on the user if the shaft that went into the collet was the same size for all.

GK

DaveM

I would be really quick to buy some plated tubes in sizes for the Berea kits. 7, 8mm, 10mm, Baron sized ones. Chrome or nickel, although Nickel would probably be better.

Have you considered some cast acrylic rods. The 2" ones are used for yo yos, and the 1.5" ones for duck calls. I know a lot of people here turn these items. (Although you would have to make sure you were price competitive on these, as they can vary a lot)

Another item that I have made for myself, but I am not set up for production, is bushings for turning 7mm pens between centers. These can be just generic stepped plugs to hold the blank properly, or they can be sized for each pen type. (Slimline, Streamline, European, and half the Olympia)

Just my few ideas,
Dave

jcollazo

Originally posted by Glass Scratcher
<br />I would like to see more "stuff" to fit a MT1, many of us have them, they just don't admit to having them. I happen to have 2.

Besides the dead and live centers, what other MT1 items would you like to see?

Well, there used to be a 3 jawed mini chuck about, HF had it for MT2s, but not MT1, now it has been discontinued(was on sale all the time for about $18). I beleive Enco carries it but for about $50. At $50 it is not much more of a justification to step up and buy a bigger chuck...

MT1 reamers?

Various sized MT1 Drill chucks?

I admit I have stopped looking at parts/stuff if it isn't going to fit the lathes I currently have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom