What would be a good pen for a lawyer?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

When my brother passed away back in July, I had to find a probate lawyer in the state of Oklahoma.

Fortunately, I found the paperwork from the lawyer that my brother used for my mothers estate probate, and used him. We just finished up the probate process last week, and I would like to make him a pen as a gift for all of his hard work and patience in dealing with me.

I am looking for a nice high end roller ball.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

I have some beautiful Camatillo rose wood burl that I am planning to use for the blanks. These cost me $20.00 each so I have been saving them for a special use.

gtriever

The first kits that pop into my head are PSI's Majestic, Berea's Cambridge and the Mistral from Signature Pen Supply. Any of those would go really well with that blank.

Jim Smith

I find that the full-sized Majestic are rather large and make a better pen left at the desk than one that is carried. Most folks I've either sold or gifted pens to seem to prefer the Majestic Jr or other high-end Jr sized kits.

Jim Smith

magpens

I would suggest an Emperor Jr., or a Statesman Jr.

If you want a blank with a lawyer flavor, Master Scroller makes/sells through ExoticBlanks. Look for the blank set with the "Scales of Justice" on it which suits a two-barrel pen kit:

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Scales-of-Justice.html

There is also an inlay blank from Kallenshaan, but it is intended for a single barrel kit:

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Scales-of-Justice-Inlay-Kit.html

and you could add a plain maple blank for the other barrel. . I kinda prefer the Kallenshaan logo.

zig613

When you visited his office did he have a clean/no mess desk top? If yes, then you may want to consider a desk pen like the Statesman. Something that is elegant and that he can display on the desk when dealing with clients. If you are looking for a nice carrying pen then I would suggest the JR Statesman. Both models of the Statesman are good quality, not too much bling, and will highlight the Camatillo rose wood burl.

Wade

mario01

o.png
subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

Woodchipper

Curly stole my line- Joliet or Sing Sing. Seriously- many to choose from but having some friends who are lawyers, I would suggest something elegant but not a lot of bling.

Top Bottom