What works with what?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotirish

I see a lot of questions as to weather one kit from one place is the same as another kit from another place (style same name different) and will the bushings work for both. Has anyone ever seen a chart showing which pens are the same but from different company's? I hope this makes sense.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pipeyeti

I understand and would love to see a list like that. Just tonite I was looking at the Jr majestic from psi and wondering if its the same as the Jr statesman/Gent/retro from CSUSA.

Rifleman1776

The answer to that mystery is a never ending source of confusion for all of us, beginner or experienced. Personally, unless I know for sure, I just don't trust specs to be interchangeable. As much as possible, I stick with one supplier.

LanceD

Bushings are inexpensive. I always have extra sets of bushings for each kit that I make. I also keep one set of bushings just to sand with. After turning my pen I swap to the older bushings to sand and don't have to worry about sanding on the bushings.

I also don't even bother to worry about if bushing A will fit kits A,B and C. Just purchase the bushings that are made especially for each kit then you know for certain that you have the right ones. At three to six dollars per set that's cheap insurance to make sure you have the correct bushings needed to make that certain pen when the need arises.

Top Bottom