What type of glue for segments?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

railrider1920

I folks,
I was just wondering what type of glue is recommended for segmented pen blanks. I'm thinking about trying to make up a few using wood. Maybe later using a combo of wood and plastics--PR or aluminite. What type of glue would work on those?

I have a polyurethane glue and elmers waterproof woodworking glue. I have some acrylic "glue" that I use when putting together pieces of Plexiglas or plastic sign board. Would this stiff work on the PR or aluminite blank pieces?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

I've had great success with Weldbond, using it on wood, PR, and aluminum. I also use it to glue in my tubes. I get it at Ace Hardware or TruValue hardware, the borg don't carry it.

desert1pocket

I do a bit of segmenting and use 3 different glues. Much of which glue I use depends on the application and my patience level. I use CA for most things, but there are times where I need to use titebond II or epoxy.

fernhills

If it is just wood i use regular titebond yellow glue,that is if it is not a tricky glue up,if it is trickey i use CA.
All other materials i use CA. I only use the titebond when i can because it is easier to wipe off your hands it saves on the CA because it is expensive. Carl

Top Bottom