What is the thinnest rollerball/fountain kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

Hello,
What is the thinnest rollerball/fountain kit? I would like a kit that offers both.

Thanks in advance for replying,
Nick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

You also have the capped Euro from AS. I don't like some of the non-traditional finishes such as satin nickel. They seem very cheap. The Ti or Rhodium is not too bad. You do have to cut a tenon for this kit. The Baron/Sedona is just slightly larger but a far better pen.

Mike

IPD_Mrs

Dayacom makes the silly thing with a fountain nib and with threaded cap. Working with them now on bringing in an order. I want them to take their nibs off and ship without the nibs and supply them with Heritance SF nibs. Also trying to get the Retro Ti in a fountain as well.

alamocdc

The Artisan is about the thinnest I'm aware of. PSI has the same pen, but they call it something else. Standard I think.

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

If the Americana is available in a quality plating (e.g. Tn gold and/or Rhodium/Platinum) I would jump on it immediately. There is a market waiting for something like this.

You mean like these, Frank. I've been turning these for several years now.;) It's not a bad pen at all. One of the things I like about it is that I can embellish it to my tastes.

And FWIW, the upper cap of the Americana is slightly larger than that of the Artisan.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Billy,

That "model" was one of the first rollerballs and fountain pens offered. May have been a different name, but that's the look.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by alamocdc

The Artisan is about the thinnest I'm aware of. PSI has the same pen, but they call it something else. Standard I think.

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

If the Americana is available in a quality plating (e.g. Tn gold and/or Rhodium/Platinum) I would jump on it immediately. There is a market waiting for something like this.

You mean like these, Frank. I've been turning these for several years now.;) It's not a bad pen at all. One of the things I like about it is that I can embellish it to my tastes.

And FWIW, the upper cap of the Americana is slightly larger than that of the Artisan.

Well, I guess I must have been wanting Tn Gold when I overlooked those. The Rhodium would be a fine pen. Next order I'll get one or two in fountain. I have a friend who is a pen lover. She buys some very expensive pens from a speciality shop in Little Rock, Arkansas. IMHO, they are junk. Most are made from a material the store owner calls "lacquer" and it wears quickly, as does the plating. But she pays big bucks for them. However, I have never been able to present a pen to her that she likes in her hand. It has already cost me money making different pens (she wants a pink one, and y'all know how much I 'love' turning non-wood materials ;) ) for her on spec. She has declined each one. I'll try one of these. We'll see.

Top Bottom