What are some "beachy" type pens to make?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Quality Pen

I'm trying to come up with some nice beachy type pens... Being so new, I can really only recall seeing abalone shell pens. But I'm sure there are more. Maybe a pen made out of cast lobster or crab shell? A sand'ish type blank? A blank that looks like ocean waves (kind of made a pen like this before)? I don't know lol...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

abalone for sure. hold on to your pocketbook though - they aren't cheap.

I think I've seen coral pen blanks, though as a scuba diver I am vehemently opposed to harvesting and use of any corals.

Toni probably makes some polymer clay tubes with fish on them

Exotic Blanks sells hand painted blanks ("Blank Canvas") that have some sea creatures on them.

Jester777

Akula

Depending on the pen and your working area, I have attached very small sea shells to slimlines and then cast in clear resin. They look very good but do take a lot of time. The slimlines gave me the most room to work with if you turn them in the hourglass shape. Timberbits Spring Blossom would also work on the lower section

Pen-Archer

Look for an acrylic blank called Ocean Mist Inlace. I have a couple on order and they look interesting.

Last edited:

Quality Pen

That ocean mist is very nice!

Thank you to everyone for the recommendations!

For what it's worth I have looked at various ones and found some okay ones... but there are soooo many blanks and stores out there that I just know that, really, I can't know what all is out there :) . But you guys do! :D

ossaguy

I've come across lots of nice beach scenes on stamps,that you could make a stamp pen.

I hope that whatever you create,you post it here for us to see!

Steve

Cmiles1985

Slabs, Blanks and Boards has some beautiful PR blanks that somewhat match a beachin nature...color wise. All of the ideas above as well.

Good luck, and if you think of something you want cast, let me know. I am not a beach guy, but live/work within a few miles of one. Stuff pops up around here all the time.

Quality Pen

Slabs, Blanks and Boards has some beautiful PR blanks that somewhat match a beachin nature...color wise. All of the ideas above as well.

Good luck, and if you think of something you want cast, let me know. I am not a beach guy, but live/work within a few miles of one. Stuff pops up around here all the time.

Those are some great looking blanks!

Top Bottom