What Size Is Letter "O"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

There are several links posted in the IAP library that will take you to charts that show the the decimal sizes of letter bits, number bits and the metric bits.

Personally, I like the layout of the chart from HUT best; but the others will do the job, too.

Do be aware that there is at least one mistake on the HUT chart. I notified the company about it; but never followed up to see if it had been corrected and never got any acknowledgment from them that they were going to fix it.

I don't recall just this minute which number was wrong; but I will look it up and post it here for any who are interested.

Added: The figure that is wrong is the one for the #17 drill bit. Funny thing, though. While the number is wrong on the chart on the HUT web site, it is correct on the "HUT"
chart that is posted in the the IAP library. guess someone must have caught it and fixed it before posting here.

It is not a big deal really.....listed as 0.1732" when it should be 0.1730".....but it makes you wonder if there are other mistakes that haven't been caught??

Last edited:

KenV

Randy -- errors that have not been caught is my story -- and generally in my turning too. Shhhh -- we do not want every one to kinow.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcav1952
It depends on what font you are using! :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

Just dawn on me what you were talking about, duh. "O" or "0", which one is it?:confused:

Yes. :biggrin::biggrin:

For some reason that confuses me as well, there are fractional sizes, metric sizes and letter bits. So, it is the one between N and P. :)

Top Bottom