What Size?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

latelearner

My limited experience up until now has been solely with Slimline pens. I would like to try some different styles, but was wandering if my mandrel will work. I have a #2MT with 7mm from PSI, but I see some of the other kits require larger tubes. Will my mandrel work or will the tubes just spin freely on there? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I really have no idea. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

I've never seen, nor used a "B" mandrel as they are called. I think probably 99% of the pen bushings are designed for the smaller mandrel.

Mac

Most mandrels ,that I know of ,have the same size shaft, all you need to do, is to purchase the bushings for the type pen that you are wanting to make,and use your mandrel.

broitblat

The mandrel you have will work for most kits except for a few from Berea that require the "B" mandrel.

The bushings make up the difference between the mandrel and inside of the larger tubes, so that's the only other thing you need.

-Barry

broitblat

Here's a picture of how the bushings/mandrel/etc. fit together

1_Bushings.jpg

-Barry

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My limited experience up until now has been solely with Slimline pens. I would like to try some different styles, but was wandering if my mandrel will work. I have a #2MT with 7mm from PSI, but I see some of the other kits require larger tubes. Will my mandrel work or will the tubes just spin freely on there? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I really have no idea. Thanks.
Yes...at least for most pens the 7mm mandrlel will accept the bushings required by the pen kit.

Top Bottom