What should I get at Rockler 25% off

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

davhamm

OK, I have had a Delta mini lathe for a few years. Got a starter pen turning kit for christmas last year or the year before (I think it was last year but time flys). This year I bought a grinder and got a wolverine Jig for christmas. So I think I should turn some pens, Have clamps I could use for a pen ram, and could use k-body clamps to hold the blanks when drilling on my drill press.

So what should I buy at Rockler (no power). I was going to get a D4 for my flat work but those are all sold out. So any suggestions.

Oh ya who has the best price on Micro Mesh these days.

Thanks
Dave

Maybe I'll Have some pens to show soon. First have to set up shop after the basement wall leaked and had to get repaired last week.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I know this was posted before, but I thought it might be useful to re-post as this will save quite a bit of money on your shop supplies. I ordered MM from www.internationalviolin.com in Baltimore, MD. They carry all of the meshes from 1500 through 12000. Their sheets are 6X12 and a sheet of each ran $35.10, postage and handling included. It arrived in 2 days, of course I live nearby, so USPS may take a bit longer to get to you. I use the paper cutter at my local Kinko's to cut it to size...the manager loves it because it sharpens his cutter.

Rifleman1776

When I saw your post that the MM cost $35.10 per sheet, that struck me as very costly sandpaper. But if you are selling a $5,000.00 violin it might be justified. However, I just checked their web site and the MM is listed there as $4.00 per sheet. Did ye start celebrating New Year's a bit early? [:)]

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />I know this was posted before, but I thought it might be useful to re-post as this will save quite a bit of money on your shop supplies. I ordered MM from www.internationalviolin.com in Baltimore, MD. They carry all of the meshes from 1500 through 12000. Their sheets are 6X12 and a sheet of each ran $35.10, postage and handling included. It arrived in 2 days, of course I live nearby, so USPS may take a bit longer to get to you. I use the paper cutter at my local Kinko's to cut it to size...the manager loves it because it sharpens his cutter.

woodpens

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />
When I saw your post that the MM cost $35.10 per sheet, that struck me as very costly sandpaper. But if you are selling a $5,000.00 violin it might be justified. However, I just checked their web site and the MM is listed there as $4.00 per sheet. Did ye start celebrating New Year's a bit early? [:)]
I believe he said a sheet of each for $35.10. That is considerably different than $35.10 per sheet. [;)]

Daniel

Even at $35.10 a sheet you would probably save money over sand paper. considering a 2 X 3 inch piece can last a year or more.

G

I got mine from the same place bu I was charged shipping.
The total was Around $45.00.
Still cheaper than the smaller sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom