What pen case do you use

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

What pen cases do you use to go to and from shows and customers. How many do they hold were did you get it how do you like it. I want to get a fairly good case that holds a lot of pens and a case that I can use to show my pens to customers.
Opinions,Ideas,Suggestions and Reviews.

Thanks
Bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

Bruce..

Although I haven't officially used one, I have "heard" that you need to stay away from the cases that hold the pens in with the elastic rope/band because the "rope" will mar the finish on some pens if left in the for a period of time, especially the wood finishes...

I too am trying to figure out something to use...

What I have thought about is using those little velvet bags for transport and storage and ONLY put the pens in those strap type cases for showing at a clients office or only during the shows. Once the show or meeting is over, store the pens back in the velvet bags. I know it would be a pain to keep switching them out, but it will save the finish...

Anyone else have any other ideas? I'd be open to them also...

Dave

bruce119

I actually have a pen case from PSI with the elastic and have not had a problem. I have had pens stored in there now for over 6 months. Then again I use almost strictly CA finish. I think those that use a varnish or wax something softer finish mite have the problems.

Just a thought. But I am still searching out more possibilities. large case to hold a lot of pens and have visibility to show them from the case.

Bruce

badger

I'm going to sew up a pen roll, kind of like a tool roll. Just double over some nice fabric, and sew some lines in it and attach a tie on it and voila!

I need to sit down and figure out what would make the best set of samples kit and wood wise.

badger

M

monkeynutz

I lug my pens around in two of the briefcase-style cases. One is for slims, and the other for bigger pens. I have not had any problems with the elastic bands... yet.

Rudy Vey

My pens are stored in the large wooden pen boxes that come for two sizes of pens, I bought mine at Woodcraft years ago. Now I saw that Arizona Silhouette carries them as well:
http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/Pen_Boxes_2.htm
Scroll down to the 32 pen display case.
I have about 6 or 7 of them and store them in a big Stanley roller tool box. Then I have two zippered cases I bought ones from Penworks, I use them to carry pens to customers. I also store a lot of my pens in plastic Plano fishing tackle boxes.

There are many ways of storing pen.

thewishman

I used a pen roll - but each pen had to be removed to show it. That meant each pen also had to be replaced after a viewing.

After my pen roll was stolen (with all the pens) I purchased a couple of leather pen binders from Woodturningz. Now I can show off pens and let the customer see them all at once.

Chris

sbell111

We use pen rolls for those pens that are to be shown and waterman trays for the spares. Once we arrive at the show, the pens are removed from the rolls and laid on our displays. At the end of the day, they are put back into the rolls. It only takes a minute to display the pens and it gives us a chance to take a quick look at each one.

JimB

I don't transport large quantities so I use a pen roll that the LOML sewed for me. She bought about $1 worth of felt-like material at Walmart and a few minutes on the sewing machine. It holds 17 pens. It has a stretchy velcro wrap to hold it rolled up.

rimo

I use a couple of pen rolls as well. They are compact and easy to use. I had also heard concerns about the bands in cases wearing away at the finish on pens. I can't say for sure if that is the case or not but I do like the rolls. I keep all of my sample pens in them and keep them in my car most of the time. You never know when an opportunity might present itself.

Top Bottom