What kits work for Pencil Conversion?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

Now that I know that there is a Schmidt Pencil Mechanism converter for Parker Refills my selection of Pencil kits has grown.

Are there any kits that are better or some that just won't work? I've seen the Library article and am assuming that any "twist" pen should work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Cliff, Take a look at the Perfect Fit with the Schmidt pencil insert. Both the 0.5mm and 0.7mm work fine. I've been trying to modify both kit and insert to work with the 0.9mm. So far I've destroyed them with the old, just 1 more trim.

magpens

My favorite pen kit for pencil conversion is the Dayacom Long Clicker, sometimes called the Longwood Clicker. I believe that Timberbits calls it an Executive Clicker.

You may need to very slightly reduce the size of the circular ridge at the top end of the Schmidt 2006 pencil cartridge, or, alternatively, ream the hole at the nib end of the pen where you insert the pencil cartridge. I find it easier to do the former using medium sandpaper.

Last edited:

chartle

Ok here are the kits I'm leaning to. Note this is a High School Graduation gift and I already have the bushings.

Continental Fountain Pen Kit Gold
153869.jpg

and

Continental Ballpoint Pen Kit Gold at Woodcraft.com
153865.jpg

magpens

That ballpoint kit is the same as the Berea Atrax, I believe.

The Schmidt 2006 pencil mechanism works fine in the Berea El Grande. Not sure about Atrax.
Might be a good idea to ask Berea.

Top Bottom