What kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

What kit will fit this description?

A twist pen that is slightly fatter than Euro but slimmer than El Grande twist pen.

I am thinking less plastic than El Grande also. Kit quality comparable to Baron or Jr Gent is ideal.

Thank you for any lead.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

I didn't know that!

Looks like the Jr Gent twist pen will fit the bill. Thanks!

BTW, anyone have the outside diameter of the wood by the writing part on this?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If I am reading their bushing chart right, it would taper from .533 at center to .477 at writing nib.

Bushing set 050-4521

wayneis

Dario the Jr. Gentleman's ballpoint is a very nice kit. I've done quite a few and they are rapidly becomming one of my favorites as far as BP's go. Both the pen and matching pencil are quality kits just like the other Gentleman pens before them.

Wayne

rlh

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Dario the Jr. Gentleman's ballpoint is a very nice kit. I've done quite a few and they are rapidly becomming one of my favorites as far as BP's go. Both the pen and matching pencil are quality kits just like the other Gentleman pens before them.

Wayne
Wayne, do you have any experience with Berea's Flat Top American twist pen. I am wondering if the Jr. Gentleman pen to which you refer gives the turner less problem with the twist mechanism. I am having problems with the mechanism on the Flat Top American pen. It has bound up on the two Berea pens I have made. I am probably doing someting wrong but I do not know what it is.

Fangar

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />IIRC, there's a Jr. Gent or Baron twist pen.

I have never seen the Baron ballpoint, though I have seen the Jr. Gent ballpoint. I guess it would be pretty much the same thing, escept only CSUSA sells them. [:(]

Fangar

Dario

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />I have never seen the Baron ballpoint, anyone know who sells them? Or better yet, a photo of one?

Fangar

I'll be ordering some of these soon.

Check CSUSA

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-0376

2005823161118_jr-gentlemens-pencil.jpg
<br />

Fangar

Thanks Dario, I edited my post to read right. I have seen that one, I thought there was a Baron too. I guess it wold be the same.

James

Dario

Sorry James... I thought you were asking for Jr Gent. If you do see a Baron twist pen...please let me know.

These Jr Gents are nice but not as classy looking as their rollerball/FP counterpart. That is one thing holding me back a bit right now (and the price of course [;)][:D])

For now, I'll experiment with Cigar and see how I like it.

JimGo

I agree Dario. They kind of look like a cross between an Atlas/Polaris tip and a Jr. Gent cap. It is interesting that the tip would be so much bigger on these than on the Jr. Gent rollerball pens.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Why don't you be innovative?? Make a fat slimline pen with your own center-band. Use the Berea Streamline kit if you want a better looking clip.

You can either use my FatLine instructions, or those that were published by Angelo in the AAW magazine.

Dario

Russ,

Fat slim line doesn't appeal to me...the tip is still skinny. I am thinking of modified Euro though. I am also stearing away from cross refill if possible. [:D]

wayneis

Actually the Jr. Gent BP pen and pencil are just as nice as the rollerball, IMHO. I've done several and its transmission is much better than the flat tops or most others. The nibs are similar the the full size Gent RB and the clip, centerband and cap finial are the same as the Jr. Gent and Gent. I've made a few four piece sets, BP pen, Pencil, Rollerball and fountain pen. It really makes a sweet looking set.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom