What Kind of Wood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ncboyntx

Well...it seems I need some education on posting pictures. If you click my photos on the left it will take you to pic. Any help with getting it to show up in a post would be appreciated.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />Sorrry, I still can't see anything. Get the pic thing figured out and I'd love to see if I can help.[;)]

Johnathan,

Click under his name in the left box on the words "My Photos".

Looks like bloodwood or possibly redheart to me.

gerryr

I agree that it's hard to tell, but, to me, it doesn't really look like Bloodwood, the grain just doesn't look right. The color and grain look more like Cocobolo to me.

JimGo

I agree, looks too dark and too brown to be bloodwood. Cocobolo is my guess too, or at least one of the Rosewoods.

Nice picture, by the way!

airrat

I think its redheart that has oxidized some and turned some shades of brown. I really dont think its cocobolo or a rosewood. here is a picture with 3 different pieces of redheart (top) a Laos Rosewood and Jatoba.

Not open grain enough for Padauk. I always think if strawberries when I work or look at Padauk. Kinda weird I guess

200622213954_Sean%20003.jpg

Ron Mc

I've got some blood wood that looks a lot like this. It appears to possibly have some curl to it? Or are those saw blade marks?

ncboyntx

tn_cigar%201.jpg

Okay, hope this works...trying to post pics again to forum. They show up in the photo album.

I posted a pic of a cigar pen I turned from this wood. It has a bit of a curly grain, drills nicely,

200622215458_cigar%201.jpg
<br /> and has a pleasant smell (to me anyway).

ncboyntx

Terry,

I made the stand. Works out pretty neat when you take a photo and play with the pic in a photo editor. I can eliminate the stand by playing with the contrast and brightness. Makes the pen look like its floating.

TomServo

Looks like bloodwood to me... the redheart I've turned didn't have any grain to it at all, and the bloodwood pen I have here with me looks like a dead ringer - aside from yours being bias cut... Is there some chattoyance and slightly open grain? The chattoyance almost looks like tiny black specks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom