What to include with pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdarragh

OK-- this is my first post. I stumbled onto this forum about a month ago and have been guilty of "lurking" and getting ideas and techniques from all of you guys. I started turning about 6 weeks ago and have become completely addicted. I wanted to say thinks for this site and for the free sharing of ideas and information. I hope to have something to contribute someday as well. I suppose I have made about 30 pens to date. I have given most of them away as gifts to friends and family. My question is this--- I would like to know what you guys normally give with the pen like a business card or pamphlet that might tell something about the pen or process. Just looking for ideas. Thanks again!!!!

Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

a lot of people definitely have a card with their contact details, a card on the material used and lately i seen a fellow pen turner showed us he has pen caring tips on the back of this descriptive card which in my opinion is a great idea. I've mixed feelings about our craft though. We turn one of a kind hand crafted pens and then get 20 or so descriptive cards for each unique piece of wood we use. I know it doesn't sound so bad but does that not make it seem they are being mass produced on a small scale. When people carry their pen are they always going to have this information at hand to describe to their friends what it is and how its made

jdarragh

Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of the pen care instructions also included with a card. I personally do not think that a card with stock instructions would take away from the craftmanship of the pen. The nature and workmanship of the pen should speak for itself I would think.

badger

I put a business card in the box, as well as either a slip of paper on the source (recycled, FSC, or sustainable source) and the pen kit refill type so they can get another one when the ink runs out.

randyrls

Originally posted by jdarragh

My question is this--- I would like to know what you guys normally give with the pen like a business card or pamphlet that might tell something about the pen or process. Just looking for ideas. Thanks again!!!!

Joe

Joe; I include three cards! One has my information on it, one has material description, third has pen care, use, and refill replacement information.

Top Bottom