What I did

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenbit

On my summer vacation.
For the last two days I have had the pleasure of being in the company of one of the most generous ,caring, thoughtful individuals I have met in my 71 years of life. Eagle sold a pen at the Washington pen show with this pattern for $400.00 and was going to make a blank to replace the pen. It took the better part of the day to complete this blank between explaining how he did things and why he did them the way he did. I know Eagle has been asked many times to write a tutorial on some of his creations. The reason why he hasn't is because there is no way to put into words what I whitnessed what this genius did with common tools that the most basic woodworker would have in his shop and in many cases far less.
The degree of accuracy he strives for and achieves would put a CNC router owner to shame and yet he does it with basic tools. When he finished this blank he gave it to me and said. It's just like the Jay Lenno Lays potato chip commercial.
"Don't worry, Ill make more"
It's too bad he can't post here anymore.
Ebony and aluminum feathers by Eagle (I helped)

Bernie

200781724229_Broken%20bit%20feathers%20003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by sparhawk
<br />why cant he post anymore ? (If its okay to ask. And that is an awesome piece of work.

I would suggest that you accept the fact the moderators exercised their jugement and not pursue it beyond that to keep peace in the family.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is one of MANY patterns that were in Washington. Eagle continues to raise the bar. As one of hie "selected viewers", I am always amazed by his talent. Some of his blanks are for sale. For those of you who may be interested, to get more information, send me an e-mail, I will forward to my friend, Eagle.

GaryMGg

Ed,
You don't know it yet but one of his other friends helped Eagle set up a new email account for selling pen blanks. He's working on getting photos with prices and things online too.
Folks can mail him at: eaglepenblanks@gmail.com for Buying info.

[:D][8D] [;)]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by dbriski
<br />Can you answer one question for us about that blank? What tools does he use?

Saws, Routers, jigs he built himself, but most importantly his very skilled hands and seemingly endless imagination.

I'm not "in the loop" so this is the first time I've ever seen this blank but I'm impressed.

GaryMGg

Dave:

Specifically, "a standard tablesaw with a Freud Diablo blade."

Scott,

Many of us that have seen his work close-up aren't "in the loop" either in the sense that -- and, I am speaking for myself here -- Eagle typically doesn't tell any of us how he makes these other than speaking in general terms like you just did.

I know how he makes one or two because as a woodworker, I can see it.
Some, like this one, I have a gut feeling but would have to test my theories to be sure.
That's one of the reasons I think Bernie was really privileged -- he got to experience this one as it happened. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom