What happened to the flat/3-D pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

Someone posted pix a little while back of a blank that some of us (me especially) were having a hard time visualizing and understanding how it worked, b/c it looked flat but wasn't. The person who did it put up a nice explanation, that still didn't sink in to me. Was that blank ever made into a pen? Is there some easy way for people like me that seem to be challenged in this can understand it better (that's why I'm thinking maybe seeing the finished pen would help)?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Angela,
Sorry I was on vacation and was off line so I did not see your post.

2006323134737_louiscubeblankCap.jpg
<br />

Unfortunately part of the blank died on the lathe and it did not seem worth the trouble to remake it. I took the above picture of the half that made it. Hope it helps, it was a major disappointment since it was a lot of effort to make the blank and the finished product was utterly unremarkable. The pattern is quite a bit off due to my diamond wedges not being the exact same size. I was hoping you forgot[B)].

dfurlano

I think the pattern needs to be smaller. I can see the effect but you have to know what to look for. You should get it another try. It did work.

angboy

Thanks for the update Mike. Even though it sounds like you weren't satisfied with the final product, maybe you can get some satisfaction out of knowing that I'm satisfied now (and it is all about my needs right? [}:)][;)]), with being able to see this picture. But seriously, I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you had hoped. At least now, with this picture, I'm not just shaking my head wondering how in the heck this thing works! Are you going to try it again?

vick

Originally posted by angboy
<br /> Are you going to try it again?

Maybe later, right now I need to build up some inventory for a consigment deal. I am the first to admit most people could turn 3 pens in the time it takes me to turn one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom