What is a good source??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have seen people use thin plastic such as old credit cards for decorative designs in pens. What is a good source for thin plastics of different colors??? What size are we normally talking about?? I figure something about .010. I assume CA glue is used. Which type thick or thin??? Also has anyone had pens fail or break apart because they used such things to enhance their pens??? Thanks for the replys

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwoodwright

Guitar pick material comes in different thickness and color pattern. Aluminum soda cans, hobby copper or brass sheets. Cheap CD cases are colored... I have red, blue, green and yellow.

Thick CA fills gaps, thin is sometimes to thin. Good for stabilizing punky wood. Medium is one I use a lot.

The pieces are held to the blanks by a glue bond and the blanks to the tubes, have a glue bond.

Some folks actually had parts that move (on purpose), neat effect.

Brewmeister35

You can get pick guard material from grizzly.com and I'm sure other sources will be posted. My only attempt with adding coke can aluminum went bad with CA because the heat broke the CA bond. Epoxied the second time with no problems.

John, you can get some of what you're looking for from one of our own IAP members, Joe Colazzo. Here's a link to his Turncrafts web site page where he sell his plastics. Scroll down about midway and you'll see that he carries about seven different colors.

Top Bottom