What is a good paint

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

Ok, so i have been using just regular craptacular spray paint for the holes... it works okk. But i want to use a better paint to start making them look better. I was just wondering what a good paint is for reverse painting. that wont set my wallet on fire.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

I'm interested too. Hey, try using a grinder or something to rough the mess out of the tubes and thin them up some, THEN paint them and tag the inside of the blank. If it worked for crappy acrylic craft paint, glossy spray stuff should really shine.

wiset1

I just bought and used the DecoArt metallic paints from Michaels and they were a couple bucks each. The metalic really pops through the transparent portions and can really change the look of the pen. In the past I used a basic brush but found that it went on rather thick and posed an issue when I inserted the tubes. I now use a number 6 Round tip brush from Simply Simmons...also purchased at Michaels. This is a little higher end brush and keeps the strokes smooth and thin inside the blank. I'll let this dry overnight and then touch up any thin areas the next day. after that drys another day I CA the tubes in and let dry for a couple hours and then turn. Hope that helps.

Remember...the paint is important, but so is taking your time and having a good brush!

Last edited:
Top Bottom