What is a good kit for engraving?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greg544

I gave a pen to one of my bosses. She would like to give my pens as a award to a few people who are recognized as a employee of the month type of thing, but she wants to be able to have it engraved.

I think a lot of this could fall through, with the cost of engraving being much higher than the slimlines and euro pens I have done.

But if I do start making a new type of pen, what pen is good for engraving?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I have sold a number of Cigars with engraving on them. Shouldn't cost you more than $5 per pen to engrave. I find that I like lighter colored wood for engraving better - it shows up much better than dark wood.

Old Lar

I have all types of pens engraved for about $5 each. One or two lines on slims, euros and the black nib on sierras. I have had a logo and company name on them. I also usually engrave the box. There is more room for more information on them.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I had an order for 50 pens. I used the Sierra (this was two years ago) Two lines worked out fine. Also had some cigars engraved with two lines on the upper barrel beside the clip.

scotian12

Greg...The engraving goes on the wood of the upper section, not the cigar clip. I normally am able to get up to 17 letters on the upper barrel of a pen. The serria and longer clicker pews will take more engraving.

gimpy

This may sound crazy, but it depends if the person is left handed or right handed, this will decide on what side of the clip the engraving goes on

glycerine

Greg...The engraving goes on the wood of the upper section, not the cigar clip. I normally am able to get up to 17 letters on the upper barrel of a pen. The serria and longer clicker pews will take more engraving.

Although it CAN go on the clip as well, but it's more of a "laser chemical marking" than "engraving". I had someone use CerMark to "engrave" a cigar clip for me. Turned out well.

thewishman

I've had customers get mechanical engraving on cigar clips. They seem to like it. I don't offer it because it may cause problems with the plating.

Plenty of room for text and graphics on cigars and other large diameter pens.

joefrog

Although it CAN go on the clip as well, but it's more of a "laser chemical marking" than "engraving". I had someone use CerMark to "engrave" a cigar clip for me. Turned out well.

Glycerine is correct. When engraving some metals, it simply won't take. You have to smear a special paste on the metal, the laser heats that paste, and the resulting marking is the "engraving."

Top Bottom