What is a good blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

to match with a black chrome Sierra kit? I was thinking about using a nice spalted maple. Any one else found a good material to match with this kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

Antler would be my only choice. It goes good with black chrome and will help take the eyes off that ugly pen kit.

Agreed that the kit is butt ugly. I have one more kit to use, but here is what I came up with for the first one -- spalted maple. Thanks for the suggestions.

1_IMG_1220_1_.jpg
1_IMG_1219_1_.jpg

workinforwood

Looks ok. But here in Michigan, if I slap an antler on that butt ugly beast, it will sell for $30 no problem. I think although you did a grand job..that pen would sit on my stand for years unsold, unless that all my pens were like that I suppose, then I am sure I could sell it. The sierra is easy to sell if you have someone that needs to buy a gift for someone they hate. Eventually they'll unscrew the tranny into the pen and get to frustrated to figure out how to retrieve it, assuming they even know what the problem is! yea..give it to my mother.

jttheclockman

To me I would highlight the blackness and make it a accent piece for a white corian, white holley, silver and black acrylic, silver acrylic, pink acrylic, light red and black acrylic. Not sure by adding brown to the mix. That is mt opinion. Thanks for reading.:)

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I've used some really nicely patterned Zebrawood with this kit. No pictures 'cause I sold them all.

jttheclockman

How about one of CaptG carbon fiber blanks??? Excellent choice. You could even go with a circuit board blank. Many many choices.

Top Bottom