What glue is best?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
glue objects?
Need more data.. give us some idea what you're doing.
Some glues will loosen up with the heat, and some will off-gas for
a few days giving you air bubbles or haze.
Some are OK if you're gluing all the way around the tube..

so .. need more data. :tongue:

Curt Stivison

Glue

I'm thinking insects, coins, paper labels and pictures. I guess I really don't know for sure. I'm just getting started. I have read somewhere CA glue is not a good choice.

Curt

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
for pictures and labels, you can put them on shipping labels. (scan them
and print onto the labels which have an adhesive back already)
For insects.. I'm not sure. I think the moisture content might be an issue..

hdtran

I'm thinking insects, coins, paper labels and pictures. I guess I really don't know for sure. I'm just getting started. I have read somewhere CA glue is not a good choice.

Curt

Alfonso just did a very nice pictorial thread (now in the library) on how to attach stamps to tubes for a cast pen blank. He used plain old white glue diluted with water, then, allowed to dry completely.

For things such as insects, I'd try using epoxy. Wear gloves, and be very conscientious about getting the ratio right. Try to find an epoxy (they exist) which are not really thick until cured, in order to minimize bubbles.

I'm assuming that after you adhere your insects (ugh!), you'd then put the tube in a mold, and pour polyester resin, vacuum to debubble, and let cure? If that's the case, I don't see any incompatibility between the epoxy chemistry & the polyester chemistry.

Top Bottom