What do you suggest as a 1st Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rduncan

I've turned several types of pens....slimlines, euro, ciger, etc.

What specifically do you folks suggest as a first fountain pen kit to try?

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

driften

I agree with Tom. Make a Baron. Its an easy pen to turn and you will use the same bushings for both the FP and RB versions. BB has the Chrome Baron is on sale right now so you don't have much to lose.

arehrlich

I agree, Baron or Jr. Gent. I was going to say that the El Grande is also very nice but the wood gets very thin. An El Grande was the first pen I turned. What did I know?[:I]

Alan

Doghouse

I prefer the Classic American. It is a great starter pen, looks good and has a nice feel. Also the kit is a little less expensive so if you blow it, it is not that bad.

rduncan

Well, I just ordered a couple Baron kits along with misc stuff from Arizona Shilhouette. Just hope the final bill is corrected to the various sale prices. I'll let everyone know how they work out.

Thanks,

Rod

I have done the classic flat top, and El Grande, both are nice. I just ordered some Barons. Speaking of the Jr Stateman, is this the same as the stateman or smaller? Thanks Rod

Rod

Thank you, I have some requests for some of the finer fountain pens and roller balls,and am still researching for the best one. Any suggestions or pictures would be great! Thanks Rod..

driften

Again... the Baron/Jr Gent is one of the nicest pens out there. The Statesmen or Jr may be the the most elegant pen kit but the price is much higer in some cases. There are lots of pictures of these here or on CSUSA or BB's site.

woodscavenger

I disagree. I have done about 5 Baron FPs. I have had mixed success with the nibs as documented on this forum. I have fiddled, changed inks and done enough curly Qs on paper bags to get carpal tunnel syndrome. The nibs are split....half write well, half don't. Today I put together a Gentlemans FP.....OH BABY! That thing is awesome! Writes beautifully! It is large but boy does it sing over the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom